If you’re ready to scale up your process from the lab or pilot plant to full scale, or transfer production from one site to another, then having the right tools available is important. Lack of fundamental models and differences in process designs (e.g. batch vs continuous, recent vs legacy), operational procedures, and measured variables can make it very difficult to achieve the same product quality at each scale and site.
Have confidence in your ability to manufacture equivalent products at multiple scales and sites. Using a statistical model-based approach, we’ll help you:
- assess if your existing data is sufficient to guide the desired scale up or transfer
- efficiently move production from lab-scale to pilot-scale to full-scale
- transfer production from one site to another
- ensure product quality characteristics are equivalent at multiple scales and sites
Our Clients get Results
- significantly reduced plant experimentation over traditional approaches
- significantly reduced time of development
- upon completion, a process model for each site/scale that can be used for process monitoring and optimization
- a greater depth of understanding of the process relationships within each plant and of the important factors in the scale-up or transfer
Put ProSensus on Your Team
We use systematic, statistical model-based optimization approaches that use all of your relevant existing data and knowledge on each of the plants. Our methods also allow us to incorporate first principles models plus traditional engineering calculations and techniques for characterizing processes at different scales.
If data already exist on products made at all of the plants at the different scales or sites, then joint multivariate models allow us to run optimizations that provide the closest possible solution for the scale-up or transfer that respects all operational constraints. If very little data exists at the target plant, our approaches will provide an optimal sequence of designed trials and updated models that will enable you to iterate into the best solution in the minimum time.
Produce equivalent products at multiple scales and sites without all the trial and error. To learn more and discuss how ProSensus can help with your scale up and transfer challenges, contact us.