Machine vision is a growing field that Industry 4.0 leaders are implementing at their manufacturing operations.
When product quality criteria go beyond simple color characteristics, a ProSensus 3D machine vision system can provide further insight such as the size or shape of an object.
This is particularly relevant to the formed-food product industry (frozen potato products, ground meat products, baked goods, granola bars, etc.).
The 3D imaging data can be used to identify defective products that would otherwise pass a simple color camera inspection.
3D Image Feature Extraction
Examples of the advanced feature extraction capabilities of a 3D machine vision solution include:
- Number of products per image
- Detection of classes of color defects, and count of number of defects in each class
- Calculation of product surface area for tolerance assessment, and tracking min, avg, max
- Calculation of product depth/height for tolerance assessment, and tracking min, avg, max
- Detection of multiple classes of voids, and count of voids in each class
ProSensus 3D Machine Vision
The hardware for a typical 3D machine vision system will include lighting, lasers and the camera.
Custom hardware enclosures are designed to suit the manufacturing conditions.
The turnkey solution provided by ProSensus also includes a custom algorithm and custom control room software. Results are logged to database, and are images logged to storage server.
Advanced Quality Control
Improve your quality control efforts by capturing 3-dimensional features and incorporating this advanced image data into a machine vision system. Book your in-plant 3D machine vision trial with ProSensus today, and let the results speak for themselves.
- Food Inspection with 3D Color Cameras Range E. http://www.sickinsight-online.com/food-inspection-with-3d-color-cameras-ranger-e/ Accessed July 30, 2018.